Siebel Service Provider Portal allows insurance carriers to share information with service providers through the Web. It allows the carrier to assign a claim element to the service providers, both for internal reporting purposes and to allow the partner to view the claim element. For example, a carrier who provides automobile insurance can make information about customers' claims visible to service providers who repair cars.
- To set up Siebel Service Provider Portal, you, as the insurance carrier, go through the process of enrolling provider organizations. The insurance carrier can add these providers' employees or can assign this task to a delegated administrator at each organization.
- Then, the insurance carrier can share claims and other business information with their provider employees as you do with your own employees.
- The insurance carrier's employees work with this information using the Partner Manager, which lets them manage this information in the same way they do using their Siebel application.
- Partner employees view and work with this information using Siebel Service Provider Portal.
- The insurance carrier can also use Partner Manager to:
- Send alerts, announcements, and Web messages to service providers.
- Share information about contacts (customers) with service providers. The service provider can only see information about the contact's address, policies, and claims.
- Share literature and solutions to frequently asked questions with service providers.
- View and respond to self-service requests that service providers enter through the Service Provider Portal.
- View information about service providers that they enter in the Profile screen of the Service Provider Portal.
This chapter includes the following topics: