Siebel Partner Relationship Management Administration Guide > Managing Your Partners > About Tracking Partner Information >
Creating a Partner Company Organization Chart
When you display a company organization chart of a large partner company, you can see every employee's position at a glance. Siebel PRM lets you define the hierarchy shown in the organization chart by specifying the manager for every contact. Select the appropriate person in the Manager field of the Contact record.
Everyone in the organization chart must be on your contact list for that partner company. You can add new contacts in the Partner Organization Analysis view while you are working on the organization chart, and they will also be visible in the Partner Contacts view.
NOTE: The lower form in the Partners Organization Analysis view has a drop-down list next to its name. Use this list to toggle between a Contacts view, which has a list of your partner contacts, and an Organization Analysis view, which has an organization chart. If the chart appears when you first open it, you must use this drop-down list to display the Contacts list in order to select each contact's manager. You can also use the Contacts list to add new contacts.
To create a partner company organization chart
- Navigate to the Partners screen > Partner List view.
- In the Partners list, drill down on the name of the partner company whose organization chart you want to create.
- Click the Organization Analysis view tab.
The Partner Organization Analysis view appears.
- If the lower form is Contacts list, go on to Step 6. If the lower form is Organization Analysis, select Contacts from the drop-down list.
- Select the partner employee whose manager you want to specify.
- Click the select button for the Manager Last Name field.
The Pick Manager dialog box appears.
- Select the person's manager and click Pick.
- Repeat Step 6 and Step 7 to select a manager for each of the partner contacts.
- Select Organization Analysis from the drop-down list to display an organization chart for the partner company.
To work with partner company organization charts
- Maintain the chart whenever the company's structure changes by using the Pick Manager dialog box to change Manager Last Name fields as needed.
- View the chart at any time by selecting the record of the partner company in the Partner screen and clicking the Organization Analysis view tab.