Siebel Reports Administration Guide > Using Composite Datastreams in Reports > Process of Using Composite Datastreams in a Report >
Referencing Global Variables in Controls
This task is a step in Process of Using Composite Datastreams in a Report.
In this topic, you reference the name of the account in each line item row.
To add the account name to line item rows
- Navigate to the QuoteItemContent1 content frame in the subreport.
- Make space for an account name between two fields.
- Drag and drop ssTxtS component of the sscustom.rol library from the Libraries window to the desired location in the content frame in the Report Structure window.
The Component Properties dialog box opens for the new text control.
- Right-click the component you added in Step 3, and then choose Properties.
- In the Properties window, set the ValueExp property to QUOTERPT::MasterRow.ssAccount.
This sets the text control to display the current value of the ssAccount field in the MasterRow global variable, which stores the current quote.
To use a value from the global variable in a text control, use the ValueExp property of the control, as in the example. The expression is of the following form: