Siebel Reports Administration Guide > Creating a Simple List Report > Using Actuate e.Report Designer to Create Reports >
Adding Sorting to Reports
You can add sorting and grouping capability to a report designed with Actuate e.Report Designer by using a custom ROL prepared in Actuate e.Report Designer Professional. For example, aclist_sorteable.rol for account list report. The ROL file is based on slightly modified Siebel Tools-generated ROL, which includes ssMemoryDataSorter on top of an existing DataStream (see Figure 8). This allows you to build entire reports enabled with wizard-based sorting and grouping.
Figure 8. Account List Report ROL File
To add sorting to report
- Open Actuate e.Report Designer.
- Remove the placeholder data source or existing DataStream.
- Include a library that was created in Actuate e.Report Designer Professional, such as aclist_sorteable.rol.
For more information, seeIncluding a Library.
- Drag and drop the Memory Sort control in the data stream slot of the Report section.
- From the application-level menu, choose Grouping.
The fields available for grouping are displayed. These are fields in those report tables and views that have not yet been specified as group keys.
- Double-click the field to group, or choose the field and click the greater than symbol (>).
Actuate e.Report Designer adds a grouping field, and removes the field from both the Available Fields list and the detail frame of the report.