Siebel Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows > Configuring the Siebel Database > Importing a Siebel Repository into the Siebel Database >
Importing a Siebel Repository
This topic is part of Importing a Siebel Repository into the Siebel Database.
You can import the Siebel Repository using the Database Configuration Wizard. This task populates the repository tables in the Siebel Database with new object definitions. You import the Siebel Repository separately for each non-primary language in a multilingual deployment. This task does not apply for the Siebel Repository for the primary language.
Regardless of how many Siebel Business Applications you are using (for example, Siebel Call Center, Siebel Sales, Siebel Service, and Siebel Marketing), you will load the repository tables only once for each language.
NOTE: When you import data into the Siebel Repository tables, a commit is performed once for each table into which repository data is imported. Alternatively, the commit frequency can be set to a specified number of rows by including the command-line option
num_rows_per_commit when the repimexp.exe utility is invoked.
Some steps in the procedure in this topic pertain to the task of adding a language to an existing repository, also using the Database Configuration Wizard. By adding a new language to a repository, you populate rows of localized user interface strings for repository objects, which allows Siebel Business Applications to display the UI in the new language.
In order to add a new language to an existing repository, you must have installed its Language Pack on the Siebel Server using the Siebel Enterprise Server installer. Also, you must have added the language to the Siebel Database. For more information, see Installing the Siebel Database Components.
For more information about multilingual deployments, see About Installing and Deploying with Multiple Languages.
To import the Siebel Repository
- Launch the Database Configuration Wizard as described in Installing the Siebel Database Components. Respond to the wizard prompts in the same way you did for the Install Database task described in that topic, up to the Siebel Database Operation screen.
- On the Siebel Database Operation screen, select Import/Export Repository, and then click Next.
- On the Select Repository Operation screen, choose one of the following options:
Import Repository. This option imports the Siebel Repository for the first time with a primary (base) language. Click Next and proceed to Step 4. (This task does not apply if you are importing Siebel Repository data into an existing Repository for any non-primary language.)
Add language to an existing Repository. This option adds a new language to your existing Siebel Repository (imports Siebel Repository data for that language). Click Next and proceed to Step 6.
Export Repository. This option exports the Siebel Repository data into a platform-independent file that can be sent to Siebel Technical Support for analysis if needed. (This task is not described in this topic.)
- On the Import Selection screen, specify that you want to import the standard Siebel 8.x repository, and then click Next.
- On the Language Selection screen, specify the language. For an import repository operation, this is the primary language (base language), the first language installed in Installing the Siebel Database Components. For an add language operation, this is the language you want to add to the Repository.
The languages listed in this screen are those for which you previously installed Siebel Language Packs on the Siebel Server.
- On the ODBC Data Source Name screen, indicate the name for the ODBC data source, such as
SBA_80_DSN, and then click Next.
For more information about the ODBC data source, see Planning RDBMS Installation and Configuration.
- On the Database User Name screen, indicate the following about your database, and then click Next:
Database User Name. Type the user name of the Siebel administrator, for example,
sadmin for Oracle and DB2 UDB, or
SADMIN for MS SQL Server.
Database Password. Type the password for the Siebel administrator.
Database Password (confirm). Retype the password to confirm it.
- On the Database Table Owner screen, indicate the following about your database, and then click Next:
Database Table Owner. The Siebel Database table owner, or the account that will own the Siebel objects; for example,
ora*** for Oracle or
siebel for DB2 UDB and MS SQL Server.
Database Table Owner Password. Type the Siebel Database table owner password.
Database Table Owner Password (confirm). Retype the password to confirm it.
- On the Import Repository Name screen, type the following values, and click Next:
Import Repository Name. Accept the default name (Siebel Repository) or type another valid name.
Repository File Name/Localized Repository File Name. If you are importing your repository for the first time, this field is named Repository File Name. If you are adding a language to an existing repository, this field is named Localized Repository File Name. Accept the default installation path and file name for this repository or type another valid installation path.
For Oracle, proceed to Step 10. For DB2 UDB or MS SQL Server, proceed to Step 11.
- (Oracle only) In the Oracle Parallel Index screen, specify the appropriate environment for your installation, and click Next to continue:
- I am not running with Parallel Indexing On
- I am running with Parallel Indexing On
If you have a single-CPU environment, choose the first option. If you have a multiple-CPU environment, choose the first or second option, depending on whether you are running with parallel indexing on.
- In the Log Output Directory screen, accept the default log directory, or enter a new directory name, and click OK.
By default, logging will occur in the SIEBSRVR_ROOT\log\operation\output directory, where operation corresponds to the operation you are performing, such as imprep for Import Repository or imprep_lang for Add language to an existing Repository.
The Configuration Parameter Review screen appears.
- Review the configuration values you entered on the previous Configuration Wizard screens:
- If you need to change any values, use the Previous and Next buttons to access the screens on which to change entries, and then to return to this screen.
- When you have verified the configuration values, click Finish. A message box appears with the prompt:
To apply the configuration now, press OK.
To apply the configuration later, press Cancel.
The command line to apply the configuration later is
SIEBEL_ROOT\siebsrvr\bin\siebupg.exe /m master_
where, for this procedure, operation may be imprep or imprep_lang.
The Siebel Upgrade Wizard appears, displaying the items to be executed or imported.
NOTE: If a program or system error occurs and you need to rerun the Siebel Upgrade Wizard, you can do so, starting at the point at which the wizard failed. For details, see Siebel Database Upgrade Guide.
- To begin, click OK.
A window appears, displaying information about Siebel Upgrade Wizard repository import activities. The Upgrade Wizard displays a message when the operation is complete.
To verify that the import was successful, review the log files. See Reviewing the Log Files for Repository Import for the Siebel Database.