Siebel Database Upgrade Guide > Reviewing the Siebel User Interface >
Assigning a Category and Type to Siebel Explorer Views
Upgrades from: Siebel 7.0.x and 7.5.x. Exception: this topic does not apply to 7.x upgrades that used the Incorporate Custom Layout (ICL) feature.
Environments: Development environment only.
Platforms: Windows, UNIX, IBM z/OS.
Reputility log section: "Issue 5: Explorer Views Needing Migration to Aggregate Type."
This topic is part of an upgrade process. See How to Perform a Siebel Database Upgrade.
As of Siebel 7.7, explorer views are defined as Aggregate Views. In addition, explorer views use a new Web template, Tree 2.
The postmerge utilities review the repository and verify that explorer views are defined correctly. The reputility.log, lists the explorer views that require revision. Review the section of the log referenced above and make the needed revisions.
The log is located here:
SIEBEL_TOOLS_INSTALL_DIR is the directory where Siebel Tools is installed.
To assign a new Web template to a view
- In Siebel Tools, query for a view name listed in the log.
- In Object Explorer, select View Web Template.
- In View Web Templates, change the Web Template to Tree 2.
- Repeat for all the views listed in the log section.
To assign a new type to a screen view
- In Siebel Tools, query for the screen.
- In Object Explorer, select Screen View.
- For the screen views listed in the log, change the Type to Aggregate View.
- Repeat for each screen listed in the log section.