Siebel Database Upgrade Guide > Reviewing the Siebel User Interface >
Setting Up Navigation to Inaccessible Siebel Detail Views
Upgrades from: All Supported Siebel releases. Exception: this topic does not apply to 7.x upgrades that used the Incorporate Custom Layout (ICL) feature.
Environments: Development environment only.
Platforms: Windows, UNIX, IBM z/OS.
Reputility log section: "Issue 6: Categories Where Parent Applets Are Missing Drilldowns to a Detail View."
This topic is part of an upgrade process. See How to Perform a Siebel Database Upgrade.
The postmerge utilities verify that you can navigate from a screen to all the screen detail views listed in the parent category for the screen. If any of the screen's detail views are not accessible using normal navigation methods, the utilities list the screen name, parent category, and the Aggregate View in the log.
In many cases, the problem is caused by a missing or incorrectly defined drilldown in a list applet in the view shown in the log. The missing drilldown prevents the user from navigating to a view containing third-level view tabs that provide access to all the detail views.
Review the section of the log referenced above and make needed revisions.
The log is located here:
SIEBEL_TOOLS_INSTALL_DIR is the directory where Siebel Tools is installed.
To set up navigation to inaccessible detail views
- In Siebel Tools, navigate to the screen listed in the log. In Object Explorer, select Screen View.
- In the Screen Views List, query for the following:
- Type = Detail View
- Parent Category = the Parent Category listed in the log
- Start the application and navigate to the screen.
- Try to navigate to the detail views listed in the query.
TIP: Use the Web Layout Editor in Tools to identify a detail view containing third-level view tabs that provide navigation to all the detail views. Verify that you can navigate to this view from a drilldown in the screen.
- When you have identified the inaccessible detail view containing third-level view tabs, review the drilldown definitions in Siebel Tools for the list applet in the screen. Define a drilldown to the detail view if one does not exist.