Deployment Planning Guide > Managing Siebel Load Balancing > Troubleshooting Siebel Load Balancing >
Verifying IP Access to Siebel Servers
This task is part of Troubleshooting Siebel Load Balancing.
To verify IP access to Siebel Servers
1 Open the lbconfig.txt file.
Its default location is
- Write down the exact string used to identify the Siebel Servers in the Virtual Server definitions.
This string will either be a host name or an IP address.
- On the Web servers where SWSE is running, ping each Siebel Server. Use the string from the lbconfig.txt file.
If the ping succeeds then there is IP access.
- If the ping does not succeed, complete the remaining steps that follow.
- Verify that the Siebel Servers are on the network and running.
- Check for basic networking problems such as cabling, routers, and so on. Verify there is a physical path between the Web Servers and Siebel Servers.
- If the Siebel Servers are part of multiple networks, verify that the Web servers and Siebel Servers have a network in common.
- If you used the host name to do the ping, verify that the Siebel Servers are registered correctly in the DNS and that the names resolve to the correct IP address.
- Verify that a networking device such as a router or firewall are not blocking access to the Siebel Servers.