Going Live with Siebel eBusiness Applications > Migrating Customizations Between Applications >
Creating Deployment Sessions Using ADM
Creating deployment sessions using the Application Deployment Manager (ADM) is a task in the Process for Migrating Customizations Between Applications.
Before creating a deployment session, make sure that required configurations are complete and a deployment project exists.
To create a deployment session
- From the application-level menu, choose Navigation > Site Map > Application Deployment Manager screen.
- In the Deployment Sessions list, click the menu button and then New Record.
- In the Project Name field drop-down list, select the deployment project of interest.
ADM populates several fields in the record with information from the deployment project.
NOTE: Only enabled deployment projects are available for addition to a deployment session. See Enabling the ADM Deployment Project for further information on this task.
- If necessary, clear the Deployment Lock field to change the Deploy button to read-only status. (Click the Refresh button to see this change.) When the Deployment Lock field is selected, the individual listed in the Locked By field is the only person who can deploy the deployment session. (In normal operations, the Locked By flag is always checked.)
NOTE: The Deployment Lock flag is useful in complex environments where multiple individuals work together. For example, one person can create and unlock the session, which allows another person to login, lock, and deploy that session.
- If necessary, change the values in the Filter field and Active field of the deployment project's data types. These fields are accessible only if the deployment project field Session Configurable was checked during the creation of the deployment project.
- To refresh the data in the Deployment Sessions view, click the Refresh button.
Figure 4 shows an example of creating an ADM deployment session.
Figure 4. Creating an ADM Session