Siebel Order Management Guide Addendum for Industry Applications > Using Network Ordering > Process of Ordering New Networks >
Adding Connections to a New Network
After creating a Quotes record for a new network, a salesperson adds components of the network as line items of the quote. The salesperson must add a line item for each of the network's connections, for example, for each of the PVCs.
This task is a step in Process of Ordering New Networks.
To add connections to a new network
- Click the Line Items view tab.
- In the Line Items list, click Add Item.
- In the Pick Products dialog box:
- Select a product of the Network Element Type, Network Connection.
For example, you may select the product Frame Relay PVC.
- As the quantity, enter the number of connections in the network.
- Click OK.
One Line Item record is added to the quote.
- For this line item, enter the attributes that are common to all the connections of the network:
- If this is a simple product, click the Attributes view tab and enter the attributes in the Attributes form.
- If this is a customizable product, click Customize and use Configurator to define the attributes.
- In the Line Items list, click Ungroup.
The line item is ungrouped, so there is a separate line item for each connection in the network.
- Enter details for each connection:
- In the Line Items list, select one of the connection items,
- Click the Network Line Detail view tab.
- In the Network Line Detail form, in the From section, in the Node field, select one of the nodes for this connection.
This dialog box allows you to select nodes from across the entire network.
- In the Network Line Detail form, in the To section, in the Node field, select the other node for this connection.
This must be a different node than the one selected as the From node.
- Select a Service Address for the From and To Nodes.
The Service Address is constrained to show only addresses associated with the selected Service Account
- Enter any attributes of this connection that are different from the common attributes that you entered in Step 3.
If this is a simple product, click the Attributes view tab and enter these attributes in the Attributes form. If it customizable product, click Customize to enter the attributes for the line item.
- Repeat Step 5 for all of the connections in the Line Items list.