Siebel Server Sync Guide > Siebel Server Sync Architecture Overview >
Important SSSE Terminology
This topic provides definitions of some important terms related to SSSE operations:
- Siebel Domain. A set of Siebel objects that SSSE considers for synchronization with the PIM. Such Siebel Objects currently include Business Contacts, Calendar, Employees, Personal Contacts, and To Do items.
- PIM Domain. A set of PIM objects that SSSE considers for synchronization with Siebel. Such PIM objects currently include Microsoft Exchange Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks.
- Domain Mapping. A mapping between Siebel Domain objects and PIM Domain objects. This determines which Siebel Domain object is synchronized with which PIM Domain object.
- Outbound Synchronization. The process of sending data from the Siebel Server to the PIM Server.
- Inbound Synchronization. The process of sending data from the PIM Server to the Siebel Server.