Siebel Server Sync Guide > Using Siebel Server Sync > About Using SSSE with Calendar Records >
Factors That Determine Calendar Synchronization
Assuming that the administrator has enabled synchronization for the relevant user, then whether or not a Calendar record is synchronized depends on the following factors:
- The synchronization level that the administrator sets (Full Sync, Export Only, or None)
- The value of the following configuration parameters, which the administrator also sets:
- ExtractStartDate (in MM/DD/YYYY format)
If a nonrepeating calendar item has a Planned Completion Date that is earlier than the value of the ExtractStartDate parameter, that item is not synchronized. If a repeating calendar item has no ending date, or an ending date that is later than the value of the ExtractStartDate parameter, then that item is synchronized.
- Whether a calendar record that is created in Siebel has a Planned Start and Completion date (a Siebel Calendar record without these dates will not synchronize in Exchange
- Whether a calendar record that is created in Siebel has Display In set to Calendar and Activities (this Display In value is required for synchronization)
- Whether the user archives their Exchange Calendar records. The process of archiving an Exchange record, whether automatic or manual, stores the record externally and deletes the record from the active data store. SSSE treats this operation as a deletion in Outlook, which typically leads to the deletion of the corresponding Siebel record at the next synchronization.