Siebel Server Sync Guide > Using Siebel Server Sync > About Using SSSE with Calendar Records >
Scheduling an All-Day Appointment
The Siebel Calendar does not have a field corresponding to the All Day Event check box in Microsoft Outlook. To allow synchronization of Outlook All Day appointments, SSSE uses the following conventions:
- When SSSE synchronizes an appointment from Microsoft Outlook with the Siebel Calendar, SSSE checks starting and ending dates and times and Outlook time zone settings to determine whether or not it is an all day appointment. If so, SSSE records the event as having a starting date and time and an ending date and time that correspond to the values that are displayed in the Outlook Active Appointments view. The end date that Outlook displays in the Active Appointments view is one day greater than the end date that Outlook displays in an open appointment window with the All day event check box selected. If the Siebel application and Outlook display the same time zone, then both applications show a start time of 12:00 AM and an end time 12:00 AM for an all day appointment. If the two applications display different time zones, then the Siebel application shows different start and end time values based on the time zone configured for the Siebel user. For example, an all day appointment might show starting and ending times of 3:00 AM instead of 12:00 AM, if the Siebel application were using a time zone 3 hours away from the time zone used by Outlook.
- An appointment that originates in a Siebel application displays as an Outlook All Day Event after synchronization only if all of the following conditions are met:
- The Siebel appointment must have a start date and time and an end date and time that span exactly one or more 24 hour periods. For example, start date-time is 12:00 AM Jan 1, 2006 and end date-time is 12:00 AM Jan 3, 2006.
- The end date must be greater than the start date. An end date that is the same as the start date does not display in Outlook as an All Day Event because it spans less than a 24 hour period. An All Day Event must span at least one 24 hour period.
- The start and end time values that appear in the Outlook Active Appointments view must both be 12:00 AM The display values for the Outlook appointment date and time fields are dependant on the time zone configured for Outlook. Therefore, the start and end time values may display as 12:00 AM in one time zone but other time values in other time zones. If the Outlook and Siebel applications are both configured to the same time zone then 12:00 AM start and end times in one application display as 12:00 AM start and end times in the other.
- A single All Day Event appointment can extend over one or more days whether it originated in a Siebel application or in Outlook.