Using Siebel Tools > Working With Strings and Other Locale-Specific Data >
You can use the LMU to replace strings in a bulk mode. For example, suppose that you need to change occurrences of Accounts to Companies for the English locale. You can use the LMU to export the strings to a file, manipulate the file so that it only contains Companies instead of Accounts, and then import the strings back into the repository. Using the LMU to replace strings is most useful for strings stored in string-override fields.
NOTE: Using the LMU to replace strings is useful when working with string overrides. But when working with the symbolic strings, follow the procedure described in Modifying Symbolic Strings to Globally Update Display Values.
To use the LMU to replace strings
- Identify the applications and/or projects to which the strings belong.
- Export the strings you want to replace to an LMU file.
Use the procedure described in Exporting Text Strings and Locale-Specific Attributes.
NOTE: Source and target language cannot be the same.
- In the LMU file, change the target language so that it is the same as the source language selected during the LMU export.
- Remove strings from the LMU file that you do not want to replace.
- In the Target String column of the LMU file, enter the string that you want to substitute for the original value.
- Use the LMU to import the LMU file.
- In Siebel Tools, choose > Utilities > Locale Management.
- In the Options tab, select source and target language (both are the same).
- Select the Import tab and then specify the LMU file path.
- Click Import to replace the strings.