Siebel Analytics Platform Upgrade Guide > Performing a Siebel Analytics Platform Upgrade >
Upgrading Siebel Analytics Platform Components
This topic is a part of Performing a Siebel Analytics Platform Upgrade.
To upgrade the Siebel Analytics platform
- Review information on Siebel SupportWeb to make sure you have the latest information about upgrading the Analytics platform. See the topic Accessing Siebel Analytics Documentation and Related Resources.
- Back up the Siebel Analytics repository, Web catalog, NQSConfig.INI and license files. See the topic Which Analytics Folders and Files Should be Backed Up?.
NOTE: If either the instanceconfig.xml file or Analytics Windows registry strings have been customized, these should be backed up for comparison to the new installation's instanceconfig.xml file or Analytics Windows registry strings. If the customizations are still viable in the new release, they should be applied accordingly.
- For Siebel Analytics software versions 7.5.x and 7.7, uninstall the older software before installing newer versions. See the topic Uninstalling Previous Versions of Siebel Analytics.
- Install the Siebel Analytics software for the desired upgrade version.
See the topic about installing the Siebel Analytics platform in the Siebel Analytics Platform Installation and Configuration Guide.
- Copy the files backed up in Step 2 back to the appropriate directories.
- From the following appropriate directory, delete the file SiebelAnalytics.webcat.version:
- Under Windows: $INSTALLDIR\SiebelAnalyticsData\Web\catalog
- Under UNIX: $INSTALLDIR/SiebelAnalyticsData/web/catalog
- Proceed to the task Reconfiguring Siebel Analytics After an Upgrade.