Siebel Sales Handheld Guide > Troubleshooting > Troubleshooting Siebel Handheld Application Synchronization >
Direct Server Synchronization Checklist
Use the following checklist to troubleshoot problems you encounter using Direct Server Sync.
- Did you install all client and server components successfully?
- Is there a PDA Object Manager (OM) running on the Siebel Server?
- Did you bounce the IIS, SWE, and Siebel Server after installation?
- Do you have network access to the URL for DSS? Can you ping the IIS server from inside and, if applicable, from outside the firewall?
- Can you successfully run a SWE command?
- Do you have the correct SyncURL defined in the setup.ini file?
- Is the network connection working from the device? Try Pocket Internet Explorer.
- If you have problems logging in, check to make sure that you can use the same credentials to log into the desktop client.
- Remember to keep a one to one ratio of users to devices. Only a single user can log in to synchronize each device. Failure to do so causes data corruption.
When using a SRF with a custom configuration and a synchronization error occurs during initialization, follow the steps below to troubleshoot problems:
To troubleshoot Direct Server Synchronization configuration errors
- Turn on synchronization logging for your Siebel Handheld application to 5 and look for more error details in the Synchronization OM log of your Siebel Handheld application.
For more information about logging, see Configuring Logging Levels for Direct Server Synchronization.
- Use the Validate function in Siebel Tools to look for a configuration error.
- Remove the Siebel Handheld application views from user responsibility until synchronization passes the error point.
- Remove DefaultBusObjs from the Administration - Mobile screen > Application Administration > Settings view until synchronization passes the error point.