Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX > Configuring the RDBMS > Configuring an IBM DB2 Database for Siebel Business Applications >
Guidelines for Creating the IBM DB2 Database
If you are installing a database that is to be enabled for Unicode, then you must specify
UTF-8 as the codeset (including the hyphen). UTF-8 is the parameter used for Unicode implementations on IBM DB2, although the processing will use UCS-2. When you specify UTF-8 as the encoding for the VARCHAR type, the encoding for the VARGRAPHIC type is automatically set to UCS-2, even though UCS-2 is not specified as the parameter.
Verify that your data is exported and imported correctly.
For Siebel language support, Unicode support, and legacy code page support, see 1513102.1 (Article ID) for version 8.1.1.x or 1524342.1 (Article ID) for version 8.2.2.x on My Oracle Support.
This topic is part of Configuring an IBM DB2 Database for Siebel Business Applications.
To create the IBM DB2 database
- Locate the primary (base) language that your database will use, the territory for your language, and the applicable codeset.
- Using the DB2 Command Line Processor, enter the following command:
db2 create database
codeset territory collate using identity
- dbname is the alias for your database
- codeset is the textual representation of your code page
- territory is the territory for the language that your database runs in, under that codeset