Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX > Requirements for Installing and Configuring Siebel Business Applications > Planning Your Siebel Deployment >
Creating the Siebel Service Owner Account
This topic is part of Planning Your Siebel Deployment.
The Siebel Enterprise Server requires that you create a standard UNIX system user account. This account must be available on each Siebel Server in your Siebel Enterprise under which Siebel processes and components operate.
Use the following guidelines to create the Siebel service owner account:
- The Siebel service owner account must be defined or available on each applicable server computer: on the Siebel Gateway Name Server, on each Siebel Server in the Siebel Enterprise, and on any computer on which the Siebel File System exists.
- Create the Siebel service owner account at the network level, using an appropriate administration tool for your UNIX operating system, so that the same account can be used for all of the UNIX servers within the Siebel Enterprise Server. Make sure that the numeric values for uid and gid match across the various computers.
- The Siebel service owner account password must not require a change on next logon and must be set not to expire.
- The Siebel service owner account name or password cannot contain any spaces.
- When you determine the Siebel service owner account name and password, record this information in your copy of the worksheet in Siebel Deployment Planning Worksheet. (For security reasons, you might prefer not to record the password.) See also Siebel Security Guide.