Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX > Requirements for Installing and Configuring Siebel Business Applications > Requirements for Installing and Configuring Siebel Enterprise Server Components >
Requirements Specific to UNIX or Linux Operating Systems
This topic is part of Requirements for Installing and Configuring Siebel Enterprise Server Components.
Review the following requirements specific to UNIX or Linux operating systems:
- Verify that the network adapter is correctly configured to support full duplex Ethernet by verifying the following parameters:
- RJ45 Port Link Status: up
- Media Speed Selected: 100 Mbps Full Duplex
- Media Speed Running: 100 Mbps Full Duplex
- If the set-group-id flag is used, then make sure that the installer ID is a member of the group that owns the Siebel Enterprise Server root directory.
- Installation must be performed as a nonroot user. This requirement stems from the Oracle Universal Installer software.
Future Siebel CRM releases must be installed as the same user who installed the base release.
For more information, see Setting Permissions and Ownership.
See also Configuring the Siebel Gateway Name Server for Automatic Start and Configuring the Siebel Server for Automatic Start.
- On UNIX operating systems, when you install Siebel server modules into a mount point location, you must do so into a directory that is at least one level down from this location.
For example, given the mount points
/export/siebel, you must create a new directory under either of these directories, in which you will install the Siebel Enterprise Server or Siebel Web Server Extension (SWSE). For example, you might create a directory named
siebel and then install into
/export/siebel/siebel. Installing directly into the mount point location, such as
/export/siebel, might create significant problems for your installation.
- On UNIX operating systems, you must configure the environment before you run the Database Configuration Wizard. Run the script CreateDbSrvrEnvScript to generate the environment setup files dbenv.csh and dbenv.sh. Source one of these files before you run the Database Configuration Wizard. For more information, Installing the Siebel Database. See also General Requirements for Installing and Configuring Siebel Enterprise Server Components.
Requirements for AIX Only
The following requirements apply on HP-UX only:
Requirement for HP-UX Only
The following requirement applies on HP-UX only:
Requirement for Oracle Solaris Only
The following requirement applies on Oracle Solaris only:
- Set the TCP ndd variable tcp_co_min to the MTU of the network interface card.