Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX > Uninstalling Siebel Business Applications > About Uninstalling Siebel Business Applications >
Limitations for Uninstalling Siebel Business Applications
Uninstallation of Siebel Business Applications software is subject to various limitations.
This topic is part of About Uninstalling Siebel Business Applications.
The following limitations apply to uninstalling Siebel Business Applications software:
- You cannot selectively uninstall Siebel Enterprise Server components installed together on the same computer. For example, if you have installed Siebel Gateway Name Server and Siebel Server in the same Siebel Enterprise Server instance, then you cannot uninstall Siebel Server by itself. If you do not want to use this Siebel Server, then you can remove configuration data for this Siebel Server or disable the Siebel Server so that it does not run on this server computer. For information about disabling Siebel Server components, see Siebel System Administration Guide. See also Preparing to Run Siebel Server Components.
- You cannot selectively uninstall Siebel language packs. If you have installed a particular Siebel language pack but determine that it is not needed on that installation, then you can deploy your applications using only the languages that you require. You cannot uninstall the Siebel language pack.
If you have already deployed languages that you do not require, then you can remove and re-create a Siebel Server configuration with fewer deployed languages, or re-create an SWSE logical profile with fewer deployed languages and reapply it to each installed SWSE instance. Alternatively, you can disable unneeded language-specific Application Object Managers or other components. For these tasks, you do not uninstall the Siebel software. For more information about multilingual deployments, see About Installing and Deploying Siebel Business Applications with Multiple Languages and Siebel Global Deployment Guide.
- Limitations might apply for previous versions that you roll back to. If you installed the current release as a migration installation (patch installation) and are rolling it back, then you can revert to the previously installed software version. After rolling back, however, you might not be able to roll back again to an earlier release. For more information, see About Uninstalling Earlier Versions of Siebel Business Applications.
- This guide describes uninstalling the current version only. For information about uninstalling any version prior to the current release (for example, uninstalling Siebel CRM version 8.1.1 or 22.214.171.124, or Siebel CRM version 8.2.2 or 126.96.36.199), see About Uninstalling Earlier Versions of Siebel Business Applications.
- This guide describes GUI uninstallation only. Topics in this chapter describe full uninstallation by running Oracle Universal Installer in GUI mode. It is also possible to perform a full uninstallation by using unattended mode, similar to the installation process described in Installing Siebel Enterprise Server Components and Siebel Web Server Extension in Unattended Mode.
- This guide does not describe uninstalling Siebel Patchset releases. For information about uninstalling a Siebel Patchset release, see the readme document for the Siebel Patchset.