How to Install a Fabric Expansion Module
The CMOD has two FEM slots. FEM support is available in slot
0 only. Slot 0 is the slot nearest the edge of the CMOD.
Before You Begin
- Prepare the server for service. See How to Prepare for Service.
- Remove the CMOD from the server. See How to Remove a CPU Module (CMOD).
- Set the CMOD on a flat antistatic surface with ample surrounding space and
- Remove the CMOD cover. See How to Remove the CPU Module (CMOD) Cover.
- Remove the protective cover from the FEM connector.
Note - The connector on your server might not have a protective cap.
- Remove the FEM from its packaging.
- Align the FEM in the server so that the connector on the
FEM is positioned over the connector on the motherboard.
- Slip the opposite end into the retaining clip on the front support bracket
and ensure that the notch on the edge of the FEM is
positioned around the alignment post on the bracket.
- To install the FEM, carefully push the connector on the FEM onto the
connector on the motherboard.
When fully seated, the FEM is in a level position.
- Prepare the server for operation. See How to Prepare for Operation.
How to Remove a Fabric Expansion Module