|C H A P T E R 7|
Installing Data Host Software
This chapter describes how to install data host software on Solaris hosts and other operating system host platforms. It contains the following sections:
The Sun StorEdge 6130 array provides data path support for hosts running Solaris, Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Red Hat Linux, HP-UX, NetWare, and SGI IRIX operating systems.
Before installing the data host software, verify the following for each data host:
The Solaris data host software is distributed on the Sun StorEdge 6130 Host Installation Software CD.
The Solaris data host software installs the following packages:
1. Log in to the Solaris OS as root.
2. Insert the Sun StorEdge 6130 Host Installation Software CD into a local drive.
3. Change to the /cdrom/cdrom0 directory:
4. Start the installation script by typing:
The -n option specifies a non-interactive installation. After choosing the software you want to install, you will not be prompted to press Return during the installation.
Header information appears and then the following is displayed:
Sun StorEdge 6130 Management Host Software. You will not be prompted whether to install the former if the latter is selected.
5. Type y to continue the installation.
You are prompted to select the software package you want to install.
6. To install the data host, type y, n, and then n as follows:
7. At the following prompt, type y to confirm the software you selected:
If there is no previous version of StorADE on the system, the prompt appears as follows:.
If there is a previous version of StorADE on the system, the prompt appears as follows:.
When the installation is complete, a confirmation of the packages you installed is displayed.
If Sun StorEdge SAN Foundation patches were applied during the installation, you will be asked to reboot the host.
The date and time that the installation finished and the name of the file containing the installation log are also displayed, as shown in the following example:
Sun StorEdge SAN Foundation software includes the Sun StorEdge Traffic Manager multipathing software:
1. Open the /kernel/drv/scsi_vhci.conf file with a text editor.
2. Set mpxio-disable=no in the file.
3. Reboot the host:
reboot -- -r
After installing the data host software, enter the following command to configure the Sun Storage Automated Diagnostic software agent on the data host and synchronize it with the master agent on the management host.
The management host software must be installed and the IP address defined before entering this command on the data host:
The ras_install script displays. Enter the following options:
The following is the output from a sample ras_install script:
? Are you installing a Master or a Slave Agent? (Enter M=master,S=slave, E=Empty Master) [M/S/E]: (default=M) S
The data host software for Red Hat Linux, HP-UX, AIX, NetWare, and SGI hosts is available from the Sun Download Center (SDLC).
See the Sun StorEdge 6130 Array Release Notes for a list of supported operating systems, patches, and HBAs.
1. To download the latest version of the software, go to:
2. Select the link for the Sun StorEdge 6130 Array Host Installation software and click Download.
3. Log in using your SDLC user name and password.
If you have not already registered, click Register Now.
4. Read and accept the license agreement.
5. Select the link for the data host platform that you want to install.
6. Save the install package to a temporary directory.
7. Uncompress and untar the install package.
8. When the download is finished, log out of the SDLC.
A readme file is provided as part of the installation package.
1. To install the software, refer to the readme file for platform-specific instructions.
2. For any post-installation instructions, refer to the Sun StorEdge 6130 Array Release Notes.