Remove a PCIe/XAUI Riser
- Power off the server.
See Removing Power From the System.
- Disconnect all power cables.
See Disconnect Power Cords From the Server Disconnect Power Cords From the Server .
- Attach an antistatic wrist strap.
- Disconnect any data cables connected to the cards on the PCIe/XAUI riser being
Label the cables to ensure proper connection later.
- Slide the server out of the rack.
See Disconnect Power Cords From the Server
- If you are servicing a PCIe/XAUI card, locate its position in the system.
- Remove the PCI cross beam.
- Loosen the two captive Phillips screws on each end of the removable PCI
- Slide the PCI cross beam back to remove it from the chassis.
Two mushroom standoffs secure the removable cross beam to the back of the
Figure 72 Removing the PCIe/XAUI Riser (Sun SPARC Enterprise T5120 Server)
Figure 73 Removing the PCIe/XAUI Riser (Sun SPARC Enterprise T5220 Server)
- Loosen the captive screw securing the riser to the motherboard.
- Lift the riser up to remove it from the system.
Remove the riser and any PCIe/XAUI cards attached to it as a unit.