Set Up the Remote Console
- View or establish an IP address for the server SP.
For instructions, see the Installation, Determining the IP Address of the Server SP.
- If you are using a web-based client connection, perform these steps; otherwise go
to the next step.
- In a web browser, type the IP address for the server SP.
- Log in to the Oracle ILOM web interface.
- Redirect the video output from the server to the web client by launching
the Oracle ILOM Remote System Console.
- Enable device redirection (mouse, keyboard, etc.) in the Devices menu.
- If you are using an SSH client connection, perform these steps.
- From a serial console, establish an SSH connection to the server SP (ssh
root@hostname, where hostname can be the DNS name or the SP IP address).
- Log in to the Oracle ILOM command-line interface.
- Redirect the serial output from the server to the SSH client by typing:
-> start /HOST/console