Install a Drive
The physical address of a drive is based the slot in which it
is installed. See Drive Configuration.
- (If needed) Remove a drive.
See Remove a Drive.
- Identify the slot in which to install the drive.
If you are replacing a drive, ensure that you install the replacement drive in the same slot as the drive you removed.
If you are adding an additional drive, install the drive in the next available drive slot.
- (If needed) Remove the drive filler from this slot.
See Remove a Drive Filler.
- Slide the drive into the bay until it is fully seated (panel 1).
- Close the latch to lock the drive in place (panels 2 and 3).
- Verify the functionality of the new drive.
See Verify Drive Functionality.