Account Overlay in Payables Open Interface Import
There are four ways that an invoice distribution can get accounting information when it is imported from the Payables Open Interface tables:
- DIST_CODE_COMBINATION_ID in AP INVOICE_LINES_INTERFACE
- DIST_CODE_CONCATENATED in AP_INVOICE_LINES_INTERFACE
You can use the Account Overlay feature to overwrite one or more account segments of the account that Payables generates from one of the above four sources. For example, if you are matching to a purchase order and you know that the cost center on the purchase order is incorrect, the Account Overlay feature can do this for you automatically during import.
- PO Distributions from a purchase order match
During Payables Open Interface import, the system uses values in the following four Payables Open Interface table columns to overlay the account:
BALANCING_SEGMENT, COST_CENTER, and ACCOUNT will overlay any values in DIST_CODE_CONCATENATED, even if it includes null values.
- DIST_CODE_CONCATENATED used for overlay only if this value has one or more null segments
Account Overlay is not implemented with proration of Tax, Freight, or Miscellaneous lines. The account for these lines comes from the respective Item line. All other lines not created by proration can be overlayed. In addition, if an Item line includes tax, then the tax account will be overlayed according to the overlay rules of the item.
In summary, the hierarchy for overlay is as follows. Import builds the account by overlaying the account with any values at each successive level:
1. DIST_CODE_COMBINATION_ID or DIST_CODE_CONCATENATED if value includes all segments
2. Distribution Set or PO Distributions
3. DIST_CODE_CONCATENATED if value includes null segments
4. BALANCING_SEGMENT, COST_CENTER, and ACCOUNT