Approving Cycle Count Adjustments
Use the Count Adjustment Approvals Summary window to approve cycle count adjustments held for approval, to recount an item, or to reject the adjustment. Inventory determines which counts need approval by using the approval tolerances you enter while defining your cycle count.
You can use flexible search criteria to specify the cycle count adjustments you want to review or approve.
Selecting Information to Review or Approve
To select the cycle count for which to approve adjustments:
2. Enter the name of the cycle count for which to approve or enter counts.
This information is provided if you navigate from the Cycle Counts Summary folder window.
3. Optionally change information in the Approval Defaults region. Inventory provides default values for the Date, Approver, and the Adjustment Account that will be used when you later enter approval actions and adjustments.
4. Query item information for the selected count:
If you navigated from the menu, select the Find button to query records. You are prompted to either query all records or query only counts pending approval.
If you have navigated from the Cycle Counts Summary folder window, you can use the Find feature on the Query menu to open the Find Approvals window, where you can query a subset of counts matching the search criteria you enter. You can search by any combination of count sequences, item, revision, subinventory, locator, or lot. You can also search for counts with a particular status including uncounted, pending approval, recount, rejected, or completed.
Viewing Cycle Count Information
You can view a variety of current item information to help determine whether to approve an adjustment. Select from the following alternative regions:
- Adjustment: View information for the count adjustment UOM, variance quantity, variance value, variance percentage, and system quantity.
- Rev, Subinventory, Locator: View information for revision, subventionary, locator, unit of measure, and adjustment quantity.
- Lot: View information for lot number, unit of measure, adjustment quantity, and serial number.
- Reason, Reference: View or update the transaction reason and reference information. You can also view the unit of measure and adjustment quantity.
- Count: View information for UOM, count quantity, counter, and count date.
- Count Status, Class: View information for the sequence number, count status, and cycle count class.
- Approval: View information for date approved and approver.
Approval Actions and Adjustments
For items appearing in the Approval Actions, Adjustments region, you can approve, request a recount, or reject cycle count entries that are pending approval. You can also approve or reject any count for which a recount has already been requested. You can reject any cycle count request that has not yet been counted. Finally, you can display count history information or open the Count Adjustment Approvals window.
To approve a count check:
To reject a count check:
- Select Rejected to reject the selected count record. An adjustment is not posted. No further processing of this count entry takes place.
To request a recount check:
To display count history information:
- Select the Count History button to open the Count History window for the current item. For the current item, this window displays count and variance information for the current, prior, and first counts.
To open the Count Adjustment Approvals window:
- Select the Open button to open the Count Adjustment Approvals window for the current line. This window is a combination block which you can use to view and enter approval and adjustment information for the current line instead of using the Count Adjustment Approvals Summary window.
Count Adjustments and Approvals
Searching for Information