Use the Reconciliation Lines window to reconcile either by the entered debit or credit, or by the accounted debit or credit, where applicable, to foreign currency transactions
To reconcile an account:
1. Navigate to the Reconciliation Lines window. (General Ledger: Localizations > Manual Reconciliation). The Find Reconciliation Lines window appears.
2. Choose Reconcile Journal Lines from the Status pop-up menu.
3. Query the accounts that you want.
4. Press the Find button. The Find Accounts window appears.
5. Specify the selection criteria that you want. You can enter one or two sets of selection criteria (Primary and Secondary). If you enter two sets, only those transactions that satisfy both the Primary and Secondary criteria are displayed. Choose among:
Accounts - accounts or an account range
Currency - the transaction currency
Currency Type - the currency type (functional or foreign). You can only use this field if you specify a currency that is different from the functional currency. Specifying functional displays transactions is the functional currency; specifying foreign displays transactions in the foreign (entered) currency.
Accounting Period - an accounting period or accounting period range
Date - a date or date range
Journal Category - a Journal Category or Category range
Journal Sequence Name - a Journal Sequence Name or Sequence Name range
Journal Sequence Number - a Journal Sequence Number or Sequence Number range
Journal Reference - a Journal Reference or Journal Reference range
Note: If you do not specify any selection criteria, the window displays all accounts that are reconcilable.
6. Press the Find button. The Reconciliation Lines window appears.
7. Mark the transactions that you want to reconcile by clicking the Reconcile check box for each account.
8. If necessary, update the Reconciliation Reference field for a transaction.
9. Save your work. General Ledger displays the reconciliation ID for this transaction.
If the sum total of the marked transactions is not equal to zero, General Ledger displays an error message and prevents these transactions from being reconciled.
10. Press the OK button.