Setting Up Planner Workbench
Before you can implement planning recommendations, you must generate at least one MRP, DRP or MPS plan, load purchase orders and new purchase requisitions, and assign purchasing categories and list prices.
Prerequisites for setting up Planner Workbench
To load purchase orders:
- Define yourself as an employee and associate your user name to your employee entry. See: Entering New People.
To load new purchase requisitions
To assign purchasing categories and list prices:
- Assign purchasing item attributes for purchasing categories and list prices to purchased inventory items in Oracle Inventory. See: Defining Items and Defining Categories.
To implement planned orders as purchase requisitions:
Display preferences control what horizontal planning data, horizontal capacity planning data, and supply/demand detail are displayed for each item.
To define your display preferences:
2. Choose the Horizontal Plan alternative region.
4. Check each type of plan information you want displayed in your horizontal plan.
5. Choose the Horizontal Capacity Planning alternative region.
6. Check each type of plan information you want displayed in your horizontal capacity plan.
7. Choose the Supply/Demand alternative region.
11. Choose Save to use and save your preference selections for current and subsequent sessions.
12. Choose Apply to use your preference selections for the current session only.
13. Choose Reset to use your previously saved selections.
How Purchase Requisitions are Created
Reviewing the Horizontal Plan
Displaying the Enterprise View
Reviewing Supply and Demand
Overview of Job and Repetitive Schedule Statuses