Use the Find Returns window to find source documents for which you can enter returns.
To find source documents for returns:
2. Enter the receipt Source Type for the search:
Internal: An internal order generated from an internal requisition and sourced from your inventory, or an intransit inventory shipment. If you choose this option, the following fields are disabled: PO Number, Release, Line, Shipment, and Include Closed POs.
Supplier: A purchase order sourced from a supplier. If you choose this option, the following fields are disabled: Requisition Number, requisition Line number, and Shipment Number.
3. Enter the Receipt Number.
4. Enter the PO Number. To be available, a purchase order must have at least one approved shipment for which the ship-to organization is the same as the current active organization. If you enter a PO Number, you can also enter a Release number, Line number, and/or Shipment number for the purchase order. The Release field is applicable only when you have entered a purchase order number associated with a planned purchase order or a blanket purchase agreement. The list of values in the Release field includes all releases for the specified PO that are not final closed.
5. Enter the Requisition Number. If you enter a requisition number, you can also enter a Shipment Number and/or Line number. Available shipments are those with the same ship-to organization as the current active organization.
6. Enter the Source. For Source Type Internal, this is the Organization. For Source Type Supplier, this is the supplier name, and you can also enter the supplier site in the Source Site field.
7. Enter the Current Location.
8. Use the alternative regions to further restrict the search.
- In the Item region, you can enter the following search criteria: Item number, Revision number, Category, item Description, and Supplier Item Number. Since the supplier item number is generally the best way you can identify purchase order lines when your supplier does not reference your purchase order number on its shipping documents, you should provide a supplier item number on your purchase order lines.
- In the Date Ranges region, you can select Due Today to limit the search to receipt lines due on the current date. Otherwise, you can enter a Due By date range.
- In the Transaction Detail region, you can enter a Transaction Date range.
9. Select the Find button to initiate the search and display the selected source documents in the Receiving Returns window.
To remove existing search criteria
- Select the Clear button in any of the source document search windows to remove existing search criteria.