Use the Receiving Returns window to enter returns against receipts, deliveries, transfers, acceptances, and rejections.
To select transactions for returns:
1. Navigate to the Find Returns window by selecting Returns on the menu. See: Finding Returns
2. Enter any of the following as selection criteria for the transactions you want to correct: Source Type, Receipt Number, PO Number, Release, Line, Shipment, Requisition Number, requisition Line number, Shipment Number, Source, Source Site and Current Location. In the alternative regions in the lower part of the screen, you can specify additional selection criteria for the item, date ranges, and transaction detail.
To enter returns:
1. Navigate to the Receiving Returns window.
2. Enter the return Quantity. Purchasing selects the line and places a check in the line selector checkbox.
3. Enter the Return Unit of Measure. Purchasing displays the unit of measure conversion.
4. In the Transactions alternative region, you can update the RMA Number. For Inventory (but not Expense or Shop Floor) deliveries, you can update the Return From subinventory.
5. In the Details alternative region, you can enter a Reason Code, update the Transaction Date, and remove the Receipt Exception. See: Defining Quality Inspection Codes
To enter control number information:
- For controlled items, you can select the Lot & Serial button to navigate to the Lot Number and Serial Number windows. See: Lot and Serial Number Control
To move to the Quality module:
- If the Quality module is installed and if a quality plan applies to the transaction, you can navigate to the Quality module by selecting the Quality button.