|Oracle Workflow User's Guide|
Part Number B10285-02
To View Notifications from the Personal Worklist
2. To perform a one-time search to locate notifications that match your criteria, select the Simple Search button. From the Simple Search page, you can also navigate to the Advanced Search page. See: To Perform a Simple Search for Notifications
3. To specify which notifications to display in the Worklist, select the type of notifications you want from the View pull-down menu and select Go. Oracle Workflow provides the following preconfigured views:
You can also create your own personalized views to display notifications that match criteria that you specify. To maintain your personalized views, select the Personalize button. See: To View and Maintain Personal Worklist Views
4. The Personal Worklist shows the following information for each notification:
- From--the role from which the notification was sent. This column is displayed when you view notifications sent to you.
- If this notification was reassigned through the Worklist web pages, the From column shows the user who reassigned the notification to the current recipient.
- If this notification is a request for more information, the From column shows the user who sent the request.
- If this notification is a response providing more information, the From column shows the user who sent the response.
- Additionally, the From role for a notification may be set by special logic in the workflow process. See: #FROM_ROLE Attribute, Oracle Workflow Developer's Guide.
- To--the role to which the notification was sent. This column is displayed when you view notifications sent from you.
- Type--display name of the item type to which the workflow process that sent the notification belongs.
- Subject--a description of the notification.
- Sent--date when the notification was delivered.
- Due--date by which the notification should be completed.
- Status--open, closed, or canceled status of the notification. This column is displayed when you view all notifications.
Select the From, To, Type, Subject, Sent, Due, or Status column heading to sort the list by that column. By default, the list is sorted by sent date from most recent to oldest, and then by subject in alphabetical order.
6. To collectively reassign a group of notifications, select the notifications you want and select the Reassign button, the Delegate button, or the Transfer button.
- The Reassign button appears if you have access to reassign notifications to another user either by delegating the notifications or by transferring complete ownership of the notifications.
- The Delegate button appears if you only have access to delegate the notifications.
- The Transfer button appears if you only have access to transfer ownership of the notifications.
Note: Your workflow may include special logic to restrict reassignment of notifications. If any of the notifications that you selected are restricted in this way, Oracle Workflow displays an error message when you select the Reassign, Delegate, or Transfer button. In this case you should deselect the restricted notifications before performing the reassignment. See: #HIDE_REASSIGN Attribute, Oracle Workflow Developer's Guide.
Additionally, you cannot reassign a voting notification that tallies the recipients' responses. See: Voting Activity, Oracle Workflow Developer's Guide.
7. You can navigate to the full details of any notification and act on the notification by clicking on the notification's Subject link or by selecting the notification and then choosing Open. See: To View the Details of a Notification
If you select more than one notification to open, only one notification is displayed at a time. You can navigate among the open notifications by selecting the Next or Back buttons in the Notification Details page.
Viewing Notifications from the Personal Worklist
To Perform a Simple Search for Notifications
To Perform an Advanced Search for Notifications
To View and Maintain Personal Worklist Views
To Create or Update a Personal Worklist View
Copyright © 2003 Oracle Corporation.
All rights reserved.