XML Reference: Siebel eBusiness Application Integration Volume V > XML Integration Scenarios > Scenario 1: Integration Using Siebel XML >
Designing the Integration
For an inbound Siebel XML integration, you complete two major steps:
To create the XML schema: XSD, DTD, or XDR
- Start Siebel Tools and navigate to the Integration Objects list.
- Select an integration object from the list.
- Click the Generate Schema button at the top of the Integration Objects list.
- Complete the steps of the wizard:
- Select a business service from the Business Service drop-down list.
- Select the EAI Siebel Message Envelope Service from the Envelope drop-down list.
- Browse to a file location and type a file name to generate the schema—for example,
ListOfSiebelOrder.xml—and click Save.
NOTE: For details on Siebel DTD Wizard, see Transports and Interfaces: Siebel eBusiness Application Integration Volume III.
- Load the schema into the external system.
To create a new workflow
- Start a Siebel application and navigate to the Workflow Process Designer.
- Create a new workflow that will take the XML file, convert it to Siebel XML format (if necessary) using the Siebel EAI XML Converter business service, call the EAI Data Transformation Engine to perform the data transformation, and call the Siebel Adapter to modify the Siebel Database as needed (upsert, delete, query, and so on).
NOTE: The Siebel application uses an instance of the integration object you created to map the incoming XML data to fields (rows and columns) within the Siebel Database.
- Test your workflow using the Workflow Process Simulator.
- Save your workflow.
NOTE: For details on Siebel Workflow, see Siebel Business Process Designer Administration Guide.