Siebel Hospitality Guide > Managing Nonparticipating Properties >
Generating Quotes for Nonparticipating Properties
For nonparticipating properties, generic products (line items and room blocks) are not mapped to property-specific products. Instead, the generic agenda is replicated in the quote's line items view. When a quote is generated for a nonparticipating property, the National Sales Organization, Event Booking Center, or whoever creates the quote must provide details to the NPP about the opportunity, and must then request pricing and availability information.
When a quote is generated for a nonparticipating property, the following tasks are carried out:
- Function agenda and Room Block Information is copied from the opportunity to the quote.
- Notes, attachments, and activities are copied from the opportunity to the quote.
- Availability, pricing, average values, and asset inventory checks are bypassed. No revenue rollup occurs.
- The sales representative sends the quote information to the nonparticipating property using either fax or email. For more information, see Sending a Quote Summary to the NPP.
- A representative at the nonparticipating property then completes the information and returns it to the Event Booking Center or National Sales Organization.
- Before the quote is turned definite, it must be evaluated by the NPP. The sales representative sends the quote evaluation information to the nonparticipating property using either fax or email. For more information, see Sending a Quote Evaluation to the NPP.
- The nonparticipating property then evaluates the information and returns it to the Event Booking Center or National Sales Organization.
After the quote has been generated for an NPP, the sales representative should be aware of the following:
- At this stage the sales representative should add one room block and one function space if they are not already present. The sales representative can also add NPP-specific critical and noncritical products and assets. For more information, see Managing Functions Associated with Quotes and Managing Event Room Block Information in Quotes.
- The following buttons are not available for use: Reprice, Reprice All, and Refresh, as pricing and rollup is not available for NPPs.
- Clicking the Reserve button for functions toggles the function between an inventory status of Reserved and Unreserved.
- If you use the AutoBook functionality for quote function line items associated with nonparticipating properties, critical resource toggles between a status of Booked and Not Booked.
- Clicking the Reserve button for room block line items toggles inventory status between a status of Reserved and Unreserved.
- Time shifting of Function Spaces and Room Blocks is not supported for NPPs.
- If a function time is changed, then no availability check for the function space is launched.
- If you cancel a function, all of its line items are automatically unreserved.
- If you cancel a room block or line item, then the appropriate items are all unreserved.
- The sales representative fills in summary information to the Quote Summary Revenue Form when all other quote details have been completed. For nonparticipating properties, you can fill in the following fields: Total Profit, Total Revenue, Sleeping Room Profit, Sleeping Room Revenue, Function Space Profit, Function Space Revenue, Required Thresholds, and Threshold Profit Variance. You can also edit the Revenue Categories and Negotiation lists.
- For nonparticipating properties, the "Update Quote Status - Time Based" and "Update Quote Status - Date Bases" workflows are not triggered.