Pricing Administration Guide > Creating Product Promotions > About Product Promotions for Customizable Products >
Constraining the Attributes Available for a Product in a Product Promotion
If a product promotion includes a product with attributes, you can constrain the domain of values allowed for an attribute. For example, if a shirt comes in ten different colors, the promotion can be available for all the colors except red and blue.
You can create an exclude rule and list the attributes you do not want to make available, or you can create an include rule and list the attributes you do want to make available.
To constrain the attribute domain for a product promotion
- Navigate to the Administration - Product screen > Product Promotions view.
- In the Product Promotions list, select the desired promotion.
- Click the Products view tab.
- In the Products list, click the Product Name field of the customizable product.
The structure of that product is displayed.
- Click the Attributes view tab.
- In the Attributes list, go to the Condition field for the attribute whose domain you want to constrain, and select Exclude to create an exclude rule or select Include to create an include rule.
- In the Values list:
- To create an exclude rule, add records for all the values of the attribute that you do not want to make available within the promotion.
- To create an include, add records for all the values of the attribute that you do want to make available within the promotion.