Pricing Administration Guide > Creating Product Promotions > About Product Promotions for Customizable Products >
Constraining the Products Available for a Component of a Product Promotion
By default, a component of a customizable product in a product promotion has the products available that are defined in Configurator. However, you can modify the products that are available for the component so that the promotion offers only a subset of the products defined in Configurator.
For example, as defined in Configurator, a computer may be available with five different monitors. For the promotion, you may want to offer only two of those monitors.
To change the products available as a component of a product promotion
- Navigate to the Administration - Product screen > Product Promotions view.
- In the Product Promotions list, select the desired promotion.
- Click the Products view tab.
- In the Products list, click the Product Name field of the customizable product.
The structure of that product is displayed.
- In the Relationships list, select the Component you want to change.
- In the Relationship Domain list, click Modify.
All the products in the Relationship Domain list are deleted.
- In the Relationship Domain list, click Add Item, and in the Domain Product field, select a product.
- Repeat Step 7 until you have added all the products that should be available for that component in the promotion.