Configuring Siebel Business Applications > About Business Objects >
How Siebel CRM Constructs a Business Object
Figure 23 illustrates how Siebel CRM constructs a business object.
Figure 23. How Siebel CRM Constructs a Business Object
Siebel CRM uses the following objects and properties to construct a business object:
- Business object. The parent for multiple business object components. Each business object component specifies a parent-child relationship. A view references the business object in the Business Object property of the view.
- Business object component. A child object of the business object. Typically, each business object component defines one parent-child relationship in the parent business object. The Link property and the Business Component property of the business object component establish this relationship.
- Link property. Identifies the link.
- Business Component property. Identifies the child business component. You can use a business object component to reference a business component in the business object without using a link. To accomplish this, you make sure the value in the Link property of the business object component is empty. This technique allows you to incorporate a business component in the business object for use in a view that references the business object, even though the business component does not possess a one-to-many relationship with another business component in the context of that business object.
- Link. Each business object component references one link. The link specifies the parent-child relationship that is included in the business object. For more information, see About Links.
- Parent business component. The one in the one-to-many relationship that is defined in the link. The Parent Business Component property of the link specifies the parent business component.
- Child business component. The many in the one-to-many relationship that is defined in the link. The child business component is defined in the following properties:
- The Child Business Component property of the link
- The BusComp property of the business object component