Siebel Order Management Guide > Setting Up Order Management > Roadmap for Setting Up Order Management >
Setting Up Asset-Based Ordering
Asset-based ordering is available with the Siebel Order Management module. Asset-based ordering adds the following features to the application:
- The Account Summary and Installed Asset views in the Accounts screen.
- The following buttons that are specific to asset-based ordering:
- In the Account Summary view, New, Modify, and Disconnect
- In the Installed Assets view, Suspend and Resume.
- In the Order screen, in the Quote and Order Line Items view, Submit, Auto Asset, and Customize
NOTE: Note that the Submit button on the Order screen and the Customize button on the Quote and Order Line Items view also work when asset-based ordering is turned off. From the user's perspective, the action triggered by clicking these buttons is the same. However, when asset-based ordering is turned on, the buttons perform these actions by running a workflow.
To set up asset-based ordering, perform the following tasks:
- Setting the Server Component Parameter. Set the server component parameter Order Management - Enable Asset Based Ordering to True.
- Making Changes to the Asset-Based Ordering Workflows. If necessary, change the asset-based order workflows to reflect your business needs.
- Activating the Workflows. Activate the asset-based ordering workflows in the Business Process Designer screen.
- Configuring Asset-Based Ordering. You can configure asset-based ordering using Siebel Tools.
This task is a step in Roadmap for Setting Up Order Management.
Setting the Server Component Parameter
You must change set a server component parameter to True to use the asset-based order workflows associated with the Configure and Submit buttons.
Use the following procedures to set the parameter for the Web Client (used when you are connected to the Web) and for the Mobile Web Client (used when you are not connected to the Web, for example, to work remotely on a laptop).
To set the server component parameter for the Web Client
- Navigate to the Administration - Server Configuration screen, Enterprises, and then the Component Definitions view.
- Use a query to find the object manager for the application in which you want to use asset-based ordering. For example, you might query for Call Center Object Manager (ENU).
- Click the Parameters view tab.
- Query for the parameter Order Management - Enable Asset Based Ordering.
- Set the Current Value to True and save by stepping off the record.
- Perform step 3 through step 6 for the object manager for each application in which you want to use asset-based ordering.
- Restart the object managers for which you made the change.
Use the following procedure to set the server component parameter for the Mobile Web Client.
To set the server component parameter for the Mobile Web Client
- Use any text editor to add the .cfg file for the application.
- In the .cfg file, add the following section:
AssetBasedOrderingEnabled = TRUE
Making Changes to the Asset-Based Ordering Workflows
You can adjust the behavior of asset-based ordering by making changing workflows.
All workflows for asset-based ordering begin with the characters SIS OM. You can access all of these workflows by querying for SIS OM* in the Business Process Administration screen, Workflow Processes view.
For more information about the asset-based ordering workflows, see:
For information about customizing workflows, see Siebel Business Process Framework: Workflow Guide.
Activating the Workflows
You must activate the workflows that provide asset-based ordering features to make those features available.
- All workflows that begin with SIS OM
- In addition, activate the following workflow:
- CUT Quote To Order PMT Enhancement - Sub Process
For information about activating workflows, see Siebel Business Process Framework: Workflow Guide.
Configuring Asset-Based Ordering
You can use Siebel Tools to configure Siebel screens and views to match the processes used in your company. For more information about Siebel Tools, see Using Siebel Tools.