Siebel Server Sync Guide > Installing Siebel Server Sync for Microsoft Exchange Server >
Checking Domain Controller Properties
For optimum SSSE performance, install PIMSI Engine and the DCOM Exchange Connector (if using Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 or 2007) on computers in a domain whose initially installed Domain Controller (DC) includes a copy of the Active Directory Global Catalog (GC).
The following procedure briefly describes how to determine whether a Domain Controller contains a copy of the catalog.
This task is a step in Roadmap for Installing SSSE.
To check Domain Controller properties
- On a Domain Controller computer, navigate to Start, Programs, Administrative Tools, and then Active Directory Sites and Services.
- Locate the correct site and select the Domain Controller server in the Servers folder.
- Expand the server object.
- Select NTDS Settings, and then right-click and select Properties.
- Click the General tab, and inspect the Global Catalog check box.
If the Global Catalog check box is selected, then the Domain Controller contains a copy of the Active Directory Global Catalog.