Siebel eService Administration Guide Addendum for Industry Applications > Siebel Insurance eService >
Creating Roles for Siebel Insurance eService
You can use roles to:
- Control the pages and applets that different customers see when they log in to your Siebel eService Web site.
- Guide customers in performing tasks that are relevant to them. This is done by providing a task applet on the home page that has links to the places on the Web site where the customer can complete the tasks. Customers with different roles see different task lists.
Siebel Insurance eService has two preconfigured roles, which are used to create roles-based home pages:
- Healthcare Member. Users with the Healthcare Member role will see the Health & Wellness Services applet and the Pharmacy Services applet on the home page. They also see healthcare-specific task links in the Customer Services applet.
- Insurance Member. Users with the Insurance Member role will see the Contact Us applet and the Service Your Policy applet on the home page. They also see insurance-specific task links in the Customer Services applet.
Set up roles in your Siebel Financial Services employee application. The general steps for setting up a role, along with information specific to Siebel Insurance eService, are given below. Detailed directions for setting up a new role are given in Siebel Security Guide.
- Create a role record. Create a role record in the Roles list of the Group Administration screen.
- Create tasks for the role. For each task that you want to appear in the task applet on the home page, create a record that is associated with the role record. Make sure that you use the value Home Page Tasks for the Group field.
- Select applets to display using personalization. To make an applet display for a user who has a particular role, set a conditional expression for the applet in the Personalization Administration screen. As an example, for the applet FINS FSW Health Wellness Center Links Applet, the conditional expression is GetProfileAttr ("Primary User Role Name") <> 'Insurance Member'. This means that users with the Insurance Member role will not see this applet.
You can obtain a list of the applets that are associated with the Insurance Member and Healthcare Member roles by querying for the word Member in the Conditional Expression field of the Applets list.
- Assign users to roles. Assign users to the new role through the User Administration screen of your employee application. When users log in, they will only see information specific to their role.