Oracle® Business Intelligence Answers, Delivers, and Interactive Dashboards User Guide > Working with Oracle BI Views in Oracle BI Answers >
Assembling Views for Display on a Dashboard Using Oracle BI Compound Layout View
This section provides the procedure to access the compound layout view and use it to assemble different views for display on a dashboard. It contains the following topics:
To access the Oracle BI compound layout view
- In Oracle BI Answers, create or modify the request with which you want to work.
- At the Criteria tab or the Results tab, click the following button:
You can also click the Results tab and choose Compound Layout from the views drop-down list.
The compound layout view appears in the workspace.
Adding, Deleting, and Rearranging Oracle BI Result Views in Oracle BI Answers
This section provides the procedures to add, delete, and reposition views using the compound layout view in Oracle BI Answers.
To add a new Oracle BI view
- Click the following button in the Add View area near the top of the workspace:
- Select a view from the list.
The new view is positioned at the end of the workspace.
NOTE: To add a new table, chart, pivot table, or filters view, you can also click the appropriate button in the Add View area near the top of the workspace.
To delete an Oracle BI view
- Click the following button on the view:
The view is removed from the workspace.
To rearrange an Oracle BI view
You can use your mouse to rearrange a view (e.g. title, legend, table, chart).
- Place the cursor just inside the top edge of the view to be rearranged.
- Click and hold the left mouse button (if configured) on the view.
The view is displayed as a transparent moveable object.
- Use the mouse to drag the view to the required position.
A view can be rearranged as follows:
- At the boundary of a view.
Each view has four boundaries (upper, lower, left or right), and can be arranged alongside the boundaries of other views in a report. You can drag and drop a view to display it next to the boundary of another view.
- At the outer boundary of the report.
Each report contains one or more views arranged in either a square or a rectangle. The report has four boundaries (upper, lower, left and right). You can drag and drop a view to the outer boundary of a report. This action will display the view across the entire length or breadth of the report.
- Release the mouse button.
The view is rearranged in the workspace in the position indicated by the yellow bar.
- Repeat the previous steps to rearrange further views.
Editing the Properties of an Oracle BI View in Oracle BI Answers
From the compound layout view, you can go directly to the appropriate screen for any view workspace.
To edit the properties of an Oracle BI view