Siebel Analytics User Guide > Using Siebel Intelligence Dashboards >
Working with Siebel Analytics Briefing Books
If your organization licensed Siebel Analytics Briefing Books, you can store a static snapshot of dashboard pages or individual requests in one or more briefing books. You can then download and share briefing books for viewing offline. Briefing books and their content can also be updated, scheduled, and delivered using Siebel Delivers.
NOTE: Siebel Business Analytics Advanced Reports cannot be saved in briefing books.
The following topics explain how to work with briefing books.
Creating a Siebel Analytics Briefing Book
The following procedure explains how to create a briefing book.
To create a Siebel Analytics Briefing Book
- Navigate to a dashboard in Siebel Intelligence Dashboards and then perform one of the following actions:
- Click the following button:
Create New Briefing Book
The Create New Briefing Book page appears.
- Type a name and a description for the briefing book, and then save the briefing book.
The briefing book appears in the Current Briefing Books list at the Save Briefing Book Content page.
- Click the Cancel button to return to Siebel Intelligence Dashboards.
This creates an empty briefing book. The briefing book folder appears in the selection pane in Siebel Answers and Siebel Delivers.
- To add additional briefing books, click the Add to Briefing Book link or button, and then create them using the preceding steps.
Adding Content to a Siebel Analytics Briefing Book
Use the following procedure to add the content of a dashboard page or an individual request to a briefing book.
To add content to a Siebel Analytics Briefing Book
- Navigate to Siebel Intelligence Dashboards and then perform one of the following actions:
- Choose the briefing book from the Current Briefing Books drop-down list.
- Make your selections for the Save Options area.
- For Content Type, choose one of the following options:
- Snapshot. This adds the content in its current state. Snapshot content preserves the original data and is not updated when the briefing book is rerun. Snapshot content will not be updated using Siebel Delivers.
- Updatable. The content is refreshed whenever the briefing book is downloaded, or when it is specified as the delivery content for an iBot in Siebel Delivers.
- For Follow Briefing Book Navigation Links, choose one of the following options:
- No. Briefing book navigation links will not be followed.
- Yes. Briefing book navigation links will be followed.
- If you specified Yes for Briefing Book Navigation Links, choose the number of links to follow in the briefing book.
The default value for the maximum number of links to follow is 5.
NOTE: A briefing book navigation link is a special type of link that can be added to a dashboard using the Dashboard Editor. When a briefing book navigation link is found in content included in a briefing book, the destination content for that link is also included in the briefing book. For more information, see Adding a Briefing Book Navigation Link to a Siebel Intelligence Dashboard Page.
Editing and Downloading a Siebel Analytics Briefing Book
A saved briefing book is shown in the selection pane in Siebel Answers and Siebel Delivers. On the Catalog tab, the briefing book is shown in the My Briefing Books list. In the Web Catalog, briefing books are saved in the _Briefbook folder.
You can reorder and delete briefing book content, change the properties for the content type and briefing book navigation links, and download the briefing book to your computer. You can also add a list of your briefing books to your dashboard page.
To edit or download a Siebel Analytics Briefing Book
- Access your corporate network and log in to Siebel Analytics.
- Navigate to the briefing book in the selection pane in Siebel Answers, and then click it.
The right pane displays the contents of the briefing book.
- To reorder content, click the Move Up and Move Down arrows.
- To delete content, click the Delete button.
- To change the content type, navigation link properties, or the description, click the Properties button.
The Page Properties dialog box appears.
- Make any desired changes for the content type, briefing book navigation links, and the description, and then click OK.
- To download the briefing book, click the Get Now button and specify the location in which to save it.
Downloaded briefing books are saved with an .ssb file extension. You can then email or share the briefing book.
NOTE: The Briefing Book Reader application is required to view a downloaded briefing book. For more information, see Viewing a Siebel Analytics Briefing Book.
- When you are done, click the Finished button to save any properties you changed.
To add a list of your briefing books to your dashboard page
- Navigate to Siebel Intelligence Dashboards and click the Edit Dashboard link.
The Dashboard Editor page appears.
- From the Dashboard Objects list, drag and drop a folder object into a section.
- Click the Properties button for the folder.
The Folder Properties dialog box opens.
- Browse to locate the folder labeled My Folder, click the folder _Briefbook, and then click OK to return to the Folder Properties dialog box.
- Click OK, and then click the Save button.
A folder labeled My Briefing Books is added to your dashboard:
- To see a list of your briefing books, click the folder.
- To edit the properties of a briefing book, click its link.
Using Siebel Delivers to Update a Siebel Analytics Briefing Book
If your organization licensed Siebel Delivers, you can use Siebel Delivers to specify a briefing book as the delivery content for an iBot.
To use Siebel Delivers to update briefing book content
- Navigate to Siebel Delivers, and create or modify an appropriate iBot.
- At the Delivery Content tab, click the Select Content button and navigate to the briefing book to which you want content delivered.
When the iBot runs, the updatable content in the briefing book is refreshed.
Viewing a Siebel Analytics Briefing Book
Use the Siebel Analytics Briefing Book Reader application to view downloaded briefing books. Consult your Siebel Analytics administrator if you need the Briefing Book Reader application.
To view a Siebel Analytics Briefing Book
- Click the briefing book to open it.
NOTE: Briefing books have an .sbb file extension.
This launches the Briefing Book Reader application. The briefing book opens in the browser.
- Use the arrows or the menu options to navigate the content.
If briefing book navigation links were included, you can also click them to navigate.