Authoring WSRP Portlets Using the .NET Portlet Toolkit
The AquaLogic .NET Portlet Toolkit provides ease-of-use
features for authoring WSRP portlets. The .NET Portlet Toolkit integrates
with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 providing pre-configured project
templates, a portlet item template, and a class library that provides
easy access to portlet properties, user properties, user profile information,
registration information, and more.
WSRP (Web Services for Remote Portlets) is a W3C standard
for consuming one or more remote markup "Producers" from a markup
"Consumer". The AquaLogic .NET Application Accelerator includes a
WSRP Producer for ASP.NET that can be used to produce portlets for
any WSRP Consumer, including WebLogic Portal.
- Creating a WSRP Portlet Using the .NET Portlet ToolkitTo create a new WSRP portlet, use the Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 templates provided with the .NET Portlet Toolkit. The templates are pre-configured to include references to required BEA assemblies, including the .NET Portlet API.
- Manipulating WSRP Properties Using the .NET Portlet ToolkitTo use WSRP properties in a portlet, configure the properties in the WSRP Producer and use the .NET Portlet API. To access and define properties, you can use a property attribute or a property collection.
- Accessing User Profile Information Using the .NET Portlet ToolkitTo access user profile information using the .NET Portlet Toolkit, add the properties to the Web.config file and reference them by name in the portlet page.
- Implementing WSRP Portlet Modes Using the .NET Portlet ToolkitTo access or update portlet mode for a WSRP portlet, use the PortletInfo.Mode property in the .NET Portlet API.
- Implementing WSRP Portlet Window States Using the .NET Portlet ToolkitTo access or update window state for a WSRP portlet, use the PortletInfo.WindowState property in the .NET Portlet API.
- Accessing WSRP Consumer Registration Information Using the .NET Portlet ToolkitTo identify a specific WSRP Consumer and access registration information, use the RegistrationInfo class in the .NET Portlet API.
- Localizing WSRP Portlet MetadataTo provide localized portlet metadata, configure the WSRP Producer to use localized strings and provide the necessary resource files.
- Logging .NET Application Accelerator ActivityTo view logs of .NET Application Accelerator activity, use ALI Logging Spy.