Siebel Applications Administration Guide > Global Accounts >
Updating a Custom Hierarchy
Custom hierarchies are static and must be updated by the administrator. Update an account hierarchy in the following ways:
- Edit the account relationships in the current hierarchy.
- Update the hierarchy to the default (parent account) hierarchy, and then edit the account relationships in the hierarchy.
This task is a step in Process of Using and Administering Global Accounts.
To update a custom hierarchy
- Navigate to Accounts screen, then the Global Accounts Administration view.
- Select the account hierarchy record.
- Perform one of the following steps:
Adding the Hierarchy Update Business Service to a Batch Workflow Policy
Complete the following procedure to add the Hierarchy Update business service to a batch workflow policy.
To add the Hierarchy Update business service to a batch workflow policy
- In Siebel Tools, create a workflow policy.
- Configure the workflow policy to call the Update Hierarchy business service.
- Use the Workflow Process simulator to test that the workflow process functions correctly.
- Set the status of the workflow process to Active in Workflow Deployment View.
For information about how to create and configure a workflow policy, use the Workflow Process Simulator, and set the status of a workflow process, see Siebel Business Process Framework: Workflow Guide.
NOTE: If you create the business service in Siebel Tools, and compile the business service into the SRF file, make sure that you copy the SRF file to the
- Execute the workflow policy as a batch component in the Siebel application, as follows:
- Navigate to the Administration - Server Management screen, then the Jobs view.
- In the Jobs view, create a new job with a Component/Job value of Workflow Process Manager.
- In the Job Parameters list, add a parameter for the new job with the details in the following table.
Select the value Workflow Process Name.
Type the name of the workflow policy you created in Step 1.
- In the Job Detail form, enter the time and date when you want the job to start in the Scheduled Start field.
- In the Jobs view, click Submit Job.
The job automatically starts at the scheduled time, and a Task ID is generated for the job.
- To track the execution of the task, in the Jobs view, select the job with the Task ID that you want to track, then click Tasks in the link bar.
You can view the details of the task in the Tasks view and subviews.