Siebel Applications Administration Guide > Siebel Audit Trail >
Linking Siebel Audit Trail to a Business Component
In some circumstances, you might want to link the Audit Trail view to a specific business component view. For example, a Call Center team might want to see the audit trail records for individual service requests. Using Siebel Tools, you can create a view that would allow the Call Center team to see these audit trail records, if the following conditions are met:
- Siebel Audit Trail must be running in database auditing.
- You must be able to audit the business component you are linking to Siebel Audit Trail. For information about determining if a business component can be used in Siebel Audit Trail, see Siebel Audit Trail Constraints.
NOTE: Because Audit Trail Item records are not routed to mobile Web clients, data in these linked views can appear only in Siebel Web Client and the Siebel Developer Web Client. Make sure that mobile clients do not have access to views displaying audit trail data.
To link Siebel Audit Trail to a business component
- Start Siebel Tools.
- Complete the following steps in Siebel Tools:
- Create a link between the Audit Trail Item 2 business component and the business component to which you are linking Siebel Audit Trail. Set the parent business component property of the link to the name of the audited business component.
For example, if you are configuring the view to show the audit trail records for the Product Defect business component, the parent business component is Product Defect. The Child Business Component for the link is Audit Trail Item List 2. The Source and Destination Fields for the link are Id and Record ID respectively.
- Modify the business object for the business component to which you are linking Siebel Audit Trail. You must create Audit Trail Item 2 as one of the business object components, and specify the Link property as the link you created in Step a.
- Create a view that has an applet that is based on the selected business component as a parent, and the Audit Trail Item List 2 applet as a child.
- Add this view to a screen.
- Launch one of the Siebel employee applications.
- Navigate to the Administration - Application screen, then the Views view.
- In the Responsibilities, and add the responsibilities that are applicable to the new view.