Siebel Applications Administration Guide > Calendar >
Scenarios for Administering Calendars
This topic describes how calendar administration might be used. You might use calendar administration differently, depending on your business model. This topic includes the following scenarios:
This topic includes the following scenarios requiring resource administration:
- Before the Siebel application is rolled out to users, the administrator creates resource records. He creates resource records for all the conference rooms for the various floors and buildings of the company's sites. He also creates resource records for the audio-visual equipment that employees might want to reserve for use at their meetings. For more information, see Setting Up Resources.
- After the Siebel application is rolled out, the company grows and more sites and conferences rooms are added. Old audio-visual equipment is discarded and new equipment is purchased. The administrator continues to maintain the list of resources, keeping it up-to-date. For more information, see Setting Up Resources.
Administering Calendar Access
This topic includes the following scenarios requiring calendar access administration:
- Employee A is out of the office unexpectedly. Employee B must view Employee A's calendar so that she can cancel his appointments. Employee B asks the administrator to give her access to Employee A's calendar. For more information, see Adding and Modifying Calendar Access.
- An executive has been granted access to many of his colleagues' calendars. When the executive moves to a new division, he no longer must access to the calendars of these employees. He asks the administrator to clear the list by removing his name from all employees' Calendar Access List views. (Alternatively, the executive could have contacted all the employees whose calendars are on his Owner drop-down list and asked each of them to remove his name from their calendar access lists.) For more information, see Deleting Calendar Access.
- When an employee leaves the company, the administrator removes the employee's name from the Owner lists of other employees. For more information, see Deleting Calendar Access.