Siebel Applications Administration Guide > Managing Portfolios > Process of Segmenting Accounts >
Assessing the Future Potential of Accounts
To assess the future potential of your accounts, you must assign scores for numerous criteria for the account. The future potential score for the account is calculated from the scores for the criteria.
This task is a step in Process of Segmenting Accounts.
To assess the future potential of an account
- Navigate to the Accounts screen, then the Portfolio Management Process view.
- Drill down on the Portfolio Name field of the portfolio plan record.
- Click the Segmentation view tab, then click Account Assessment in the lower link bar.
- Select the account that you want to assess.
- In the Criteria subview, use the drop-down lists to assign a value to each of the criteria.
The values are described in the following table.
The future potential score for the account is automatically calculated and appears in the list of accounts.
- Repeat Step 4 and Step 5 for all the other accounts that have future potential you want to assess.
- In the Account Breakpoint field, select a score that separates the accounts with a high-future potential score from the accounts with a low-future potential score.