Siebel Applications Administration Guide > D&B Integration (End User) >
Promoting a D&B Account
You can use the D&B list to locate accounts that are potential sales leads. After you identify accounts that meet your criteria, you can promote the accounts into your accounts list.
To promote a D&B account
- Navigate to the D&B screen, then the D&B Accounts list.
- In the D&B Accounts list select the company or companies that you want to add to your accounts list.
- To select a sequence of account records, hold down the SHIFT key and click the account records.
- To select multiple accounts that are not in sequence, hold down the CTRL key and click the account records.
- In the D&B Accounts list, click Promote Account.
A check mark appears in the Promoted field and the company is added to your Siebel application.
Drill down on the Business Name field to view the account profile and related contacts.
NOTE: The Data Validation Manager uses a set of user defined rules to validate business component data. When you promote one or more accounts, each account is created individually without consideration for parent and child relationships. The Duns number is checked, and the account name to check whether the account already exists in the account name is checked. Therefore, it is recommended that you exclude promoted accounts from the data validation business processing.