Siebel Field Service Guide > Dispatch Board > Process of Configuring the Dispatch Board (Open UI Client) >
Displaying Additional Information on the Y-Axis of the Dispatch Board Gantt Chart (Open UI Client)
Generally, employee names appear on the y-axis of the Gantt chart of the Dispatch Board. If dispatchers want to see additional information, then the administrator must configure the Dispatch Board. The following example tasks describe how to add a new work phone number field to the y-axis information on the Gantt chart of the Dispatch Board. For more information about performing configuration tasks with Siebel Tools, see Using Siebel Tools.
To display phone number information on the y-axis of the Gantt chart of the Dispatch Board, perform the following procedures:
- Creating a New Field on the Business Component
- Creating the Applet User Properties
- Compiling and Viewing the New Field
This task is a step in Process of Configuring the Dispatch Board (Open UI Client).
Creating a New Field on the Business Component
Perform the following procedure to create a new field on the Employee business component.
To create a new field on the business component
- Log in to Siebel Tools as an administrator.
- Lock the Employee project for editing.
- In Object Explorer, navigate to Business Component, and query for the Employee business component.
- Navigate to Business Component, then Field, and query for the Phone number (#) field.
- Copy the record, and name the new record Phone.
CAUTION: The hash symbol (#) is a special character in the Dispatch Board user properties, so do not include this symbol in the name of any new fields that you create in the Dispatch Board.
Creating the Applet User Properties
Perform the following procedure to create a new applet user property named Pane 0 Field 6 and applet user properties for the new column.
To create the applet user properties
- Lock the FS Dispatch Board project for editing.
- In Object Explorer, navigate to Applet, and query for the FS Dispatch Board Gantt Applet.
- Navigate to Applet, then Applet User Prop.
NOTE: If Applet User Prop is not visible, then navigate to View, then Options, select the Object Explorer tab, and then select the Applet User Prop object definition.
- Query for Pane 0 Field*, making sure to include the wildcard asterisk symbol (*).
All the Employee business component Pane 0 Fields that currently appear on the Gantt chart of the Dispatch Board are listed in order.
- Copy the Pane 0 Field 3 record, and update the fields in the new record as follows:
- Enter Pane 0 Field 6 as the name for the record.
- Enter Phone in the Value field.
The value field is the name of the field in the business component.
- Create user property records for the new column.
Information about the records is described in the following table.
Pane 0 Col 6
NM denotes Header Display Text.
Pane 0 Col 6 Attr 0
IID denotes Unique ID.
Pane 0 Col 6 Attr 1
FLD denotes the field of the business component.
Pane 0 Col 6 Field 0
Compiling and Viewing the New Field
Perform the following procedure to compile and view the new field on the Gantt chart of the Dispatch Board.
To compile and view the new field
- Compile the edited objects (the Employee business component and the FS Dispatch Board Gantt Applet).
- Replace the Siebel Repository File (SRF).
- Restart the client, and navigate to the Dispatch Board.