Siebel Marketing Installation and Administration Guide > Setting Up Web Marketing > Setting Up Siebel Web Marketing >
Installing the Web Survey Daemon
The Web Survey Daemon (WSD) resides in the DMZ and supports Web landing sites and surveys without the need for SmartScript. For information on how to create Web landing sites and surveys, see Siebel Marketing User Guide.
This topic contains the information that you need to install the Web Survey Daemon. Before installing the Web Survey Daemon, make sure that you have completed the installation requirements:
- Java Development Kit (JDK)
- Oracle Database, MS SQL Server, or DB2 database, with JDBC drivers
Installing the Web Survey Daemon on Windows
The following procedure describes how to install the Web Survey Daemon on a Windows server.
To install the Web Survey Daemon on Windows
- On a Windows server, run the Web Survey Daemon installation program, wsd_install.exe.
- In the Installation dialog box, review the information, and then click Next.
- In the Choose Java Virtual Machine dialog box, select the JDK that you installed in Requirements for Installing Email Marketing, and then click Next.
NOTE: Make sure that you choose the correct JDK. Selecting the wrong JDK or selecting a JRE will not properly start the Daemon.
- In the Choose Install Folder dialog box, choose the Web Survey Daemon installation directory, and then click Next.
- Review the Pre-Installation Summary dialog box, and then click Install.
- In the Install Complete dialog box, verify the information, and then click Done.
- Create a Windows service file for stopping and starting the Siebel Web Survey Daemon as follows:
- Navigate to the directory where you installed the Web Survey Daemon in Step 4.
- Locate the install-win32-service.bat file, then double-click the file.
The Web Survey Daemon service file is created in the Windows services list.
- From the Start menu, choose Programs, Administrative Tools, and then the Services menu item.
- Start the Siebel Web Survey Daemon service.
- Verify that the Apache Welcome page is displayed when you access the server where the Web Survey Daemon has been installed.
Installing the Web Survey Daemon on UNIX
The following procedure describes how to install the Web Survey Daemon on a UNIX server.
To install the Web Survey Daemon on UNIX
- On a UNIX server, perform the following steps:
- Make an installation directory named wsd using the following command:
- Copy the Web Survey Daemon installation program from the installation media to the directory that you created.
- In the Web Survey Daemon installation directory, run the Web Survey Daemon installation program.
- In the WSD installation directory, open the tomcat-ctl.sh file and, after the line
#Execute the bundled (integrated) tomcat,add the following:
# get the name of this program
- Before the text,
# get the name of this program, add the following line:
- In the bin directory for the WSD installation, open the setenv.sh file and make sure the path provided for configuration directory is correct. For example:
- Use the
CHMOD 777 * command to grant Read, Write, and Execute permissions to all the files in the WSD directory.
- Configure the WSD. For details, see Configuring the Web Survey Daemon.